- Meal by Meal, by Donald Altman
- The Eating Disorder Sourcebook: A Comprehensive Guide to The Causes, Treatments, and Prevention of Eating Disorders (2nd Edition), by Carolyn Costin, M.A., M.F.C.C.
- Your Dieting Daughter Second Edition, by Carolyn Costin, M.A., M.F.C.C.
- How to get your kid to eat but not too much, by Ellyn Satter, MS, RD
- Your Child’s Weight: Helping Without Harming, by Ellyn Satter, MS, RD
- The Feelings Show (DVD), by The Mother Company Presents Ruby’s Studio
- Goodbye Ed, Hello Me, by Jenni Schaefer
- Intuitive Eating, 3rd Edition, by Elyse Resch, M.S., R.D., and Evelyn Tribole, M.S., R.D
- Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight, by Linda Bacon, Ph.D.
- Body Respect by Linda Bacon, Ph D. and Lucy Aphramor, Ph.D., R.D.
- Beyond a Shadow of a Diet - Second Edition Judith Matz and Ellen Frankel
- Moving Away From Diets, by Karin Kratina, MA, RD, Nancy King, MS, RD, CDE, & Dayle Hayes, MS, RD, LD.
- On Eating, by Susie Orbach
- 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food, by Susan Albers, Psy.D
- Life Without Ed, by Jenni Schaefer and Thom Rutledge
- Secrets from the Eating Lab by Traci Mann, Ph.D
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
This website is the umbrella organization for me to obtain my credential. For any information that directs you to a credible nutrition source, this is the place to go. If you want to know how one becomes a registered dietitian, what is a dietitian? or how to find a dietitian in your local area, this site tells all. http://www.eatright.org
Ellyn Satter Institute (ESI)
ESI is dedicated to improving quality of life. People are healthier in all ways when they eat and feed with practicality and enjoyment, based on the evidence-based, clinically tested, and highly effective Satter Feeding Dynamics Model (fdSatter) and Satter Eating Competence Model (ecSatter). http://www.ellynsatterinstitute.org
Tufts University: School of Nutrition Science and Policy
This is another credible avenue for accurate nutrition information. They put out one of the most cutting edge newsletters, reveal most accurate nutritional news and will keep anyone up to date. http://navigator.tufts.edu/index.html
Association For Size Diversity and Health
This website is a non- profit organization committed to the practice of Health at Every Size (HAES) principles. This organization recognizes that body shapes come in all sizes and shapes and does not use body weight to discriminate. www.sizediversityandhealth.org
The Vegetarian Resource Group
For hot tips on cooking vegetarian, dining all over the world, and recipe or substitution idea this is the best vegetarian website. www.vrg.org/recipes/index.htm
Something Fishy: Website on Eating Disorders
This is a website pertaining to all eating disorder resources and is a good sound place to answer any questions that any individuals with eating disorders have or family members may have. www.something-fishy.org/
Health At Every Size
Health at Every Size is based on the simple premise that the best way to improve health is to honor your body. It supports people in adopting health habits for the sake of health and well-being (rather than weight control).www.haescommunity.org/
Eating Disorders Anonymous
This website is also a great place to have eating disorder questions answered and to search for qualified professionals or facilities that provide treatment. www.eatingdisordersanonymous.org